The Sugar Maple Trees
Over the years, the sugar bush on Owls Landing Farm has grown to over 500 taps. We look forward to sugaring every spring with much anticipation. We all enjoy the season even though it is hard work sometimes with a lot of winter time challenges!
The syrup making process is a series of steps that starts in the woods and ends in the sugarhouse. It is a four-step process:
- Ongoing management of the forest for maple syrup production
- Tapping maple trees and collecting maple sap
- Boiling the sap into maple syrup
- Filtering and packaging maple syrup
Syrup is available in New York State approved grades at the farm. We usually have syrup available year round.
- Golden Color (Delicate Taste)
- Amber Color (Rich Taste)
- Dark Color (Robust Taste)
- Very Dark Color (Strong Taste)